My photo
Ontario, Canada
I am a wife, mother and grandma who enjoys the many aspects of homemaking. A variety of interests and hobbies combined with travel keep me active. They reflect the importance of family, friends, home and good food.
Cook ingredients that you are used to cooking by other techniques, such as fish, chicken, or hamburgers. In other words be comfortable with the ingredients you are using.
--Bobby Flay

For Your Information

Please watch this area for important information like updates, food recalls, polls, contests, coupons, and freebies.
  • [March 19, 2020] - Effective Mar 17, this blog will no longer accept advertising. The reason is very simple. If I like a product, I will promote it without compensation. If I don't like a product, I will have no problem saying so.
  • [March 17, 2020] - A return to blogging! Stay tuned for new tips, resources and all things food related.
  • [February 1, 2016] - An interesting report on why you should always choose organic tea verses non-organic: Toxic Tea (pdf format)
  • Sticky Post - Warning: 4ever Recap reusable canning lids. The reports are growing daily of these lids losing their seal during storage. Some have lost their entire season's worth of canning to these seal failures! [Update: 4ever Recap appears to be out of business.]

Popular Posts

Friday, April 23, 2010

Marmalade-Glazed Chicken Thighs

Oh my gosh, I get inspiration for recipes from so many sources including recipe books and magazines.  One thing you won't find in any of my recipe books or magazines is dog ears.  I honestly think that is so disrespectful!  What you will find ind several and I do mean several post-it note flags of the recipes I want to try.  When I'm looking for something a bit different I'll check out one of the flagged recipes then go from there.

marmalade glazed chicken thighs
So it was a couple of days ago when I wanted something just a little different but not radically different for dinner.  I found a great grill recipe that would use up a bit of marmalade.  It turned very cold so I thought grilling outdoors would not be quite as appealing and cleaning the indoor grill of a sugar based marinade was not quite on my idea of clean-up.  This is one area where indoor and outdoor grills differ.  Sugar based marinades make a huge mess on indoor grills that need to be cleaned off taking extra time and effort whereas this can simply be burned off on an outdoor grill.

Pictured is the marmalade-glazed chicken I made.  It was supposed to be grilled but I baked it instead.  I also used bone in, skin on chicken thighs so really the only thing left of the actual recipe was the marinade itself and I changed that as well.  The end result was flavourful, tender chicken paired with steamed in season Ontario asparagus and baked red potatoes.  It was a delightful, simple meal with a lot of flavour.

Marmalade-Glazed Chicken Thighs
source:  inspired from Canadian Living, August 2009, Pp. 59.

2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
⅓ tsp dry rosemary
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
2 tbsp orange marmalade

8 chicken thighs

Warm the marmalade to melt.  Wisk in the other ingredients.  Place the chicken wings in a baking pan.  Pour the marinade over then lightly brush to even out with a silicone brush.  Let sit 30 minutes.  Bake covered at 350ºF until chicken is cooked through about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and serve as desired.


4 food lovers commented:

Jen said...

That looks so good. I know, I say that every time, but it does. I have a package of thighs that I bought by mistake, now I know what I am going to do with them.

Garden Gnome said...

Thanks Jen :) They were quite tasty, something just a bit different.

CDC said...

i love chicken thighs! i bet if you made this in the crockpot it would be amazing as well!

Garden Gnome said...

Hi Chey :) I think they would great in the crockpot too.