My photo
Ontario, Canada
I am a wife, mother and grandma who enjoys the many aspects of homemaking. A variety of interests and hobbies combined with travel keep me active. They reflect the importance of family, friends, home and good food.
Cook ingredients that you are used to cooking by other techniques, such as fish, chicken, or hamburgers. In other words be comfortable with the ingredients you are using.
--Bobby Flay

For Your Information

Please watch this area for important information like updates, food recalls, polls, contests, coupons, and freebies.
  • [March 19, 2020] - Effective Mar 17, this blog will no longer accept advertising. The reason is very simple. If I like a product, I will promote it without compensation. If I don't like a product, I will have no problem saying so.
  • [March 17, 2020] - A return to blogging! Stay tuned for new tips, resources and all things food related.
  • [February 1, 2016] - An interesting report on why you should always choose organic tea verses non-organic: Toxic Tea (pdf format)
  • Sticky Post - Warning: 4ever Recap reusable canning lids. The reports are growing daily of these lids losing their seal during storage. Some have lost their entire season's worth of canning to these seal failures! [Update: 4ever Recap appears to be out of business.]

Popular Posts

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Wraps

Wraps are the perfect lunch sandwich. I keep strips of grilled chicken and roasted turkey breast in the freezer to make our favourite wraps. Fresh picked garden greens and herbs are one of our favourite toppings. I have been experimenting with flavoured tortillas so we've had some interesting combinations.

Grilled Chicken Wrap
I used a sundried tomato and basil tortilla to make this wrap.
Grilled Chicken Wrap Toppings

It was topped with a little mayonnaise, chinese mustard leaves, chives, basil, tomatoes, a little Catellina dressing and cheddar cheese. I am anxiously waiting for our first ripe tomatoes from the garden. While this tomato looked ok it had almost no flavour. The chinese mustard gave the wrap a nice zing that went well with the other flavours. The basil brought out the hint of basil in the tortilla.

Grilled Chicken Wrap

Once all the toppings were on, the tortilla was folded to form the wrap. I find the mayonnaise helps with the folding process. I fold up the two ends along the narrow part of the toppings towards the centre. Then I take one open side and fold it over the topping pulling the toppings in tightly. Finally, I finish rolling the wrap. I like cutting the wraps in the middle on a bit of a diagonal for a nice presentation.

Roasted Turkey Wrap
This wrap was made using a pesto garlic tortilla.
Roasted Turkey Wrap

The toppings were mayonnaise, romain lettuce, onions, tomatoes and cheddar cheese. I made a platter of these for a get together we were hosting. They were a huge success!


0 food lovers commented: