My photo
Ontario, Canada
I am a wife, mother and grandma who enjoys the many aspects of homemaking. A variety of interests and hobbies combined with travel keep me active. They reflect the importance of family, friends, home and good food.
Cook ingredients that you are used to cooking by other techniques, such as fish, chicken, or hamburgers. In other words be comfortable with the ingredients you are using.
--Bobby Flay

For Your Information

Please watch this area for important information like updates, food recalls, polls, contests, coupons, and freebies.
  • [March 19, 2020] - Effective Mar 17, this blog will no longer accept advertising. The reason is very simple. If I like a product, I will promote it without compensation. If I don't like a product, I will have no problem saying so.
  • [March 17, 2020] - A return to blogging! Stay tuned for new tips, resources and all things food related.
  • [February 1, 2016] - An interesting report on why you should always choose organic tea verses non-organic: Toxic Tea (pdf format)
  • Sticky Post - Warning: 4ever Recap reusable canning lids. The reports are growing daily of these lids losing their seal during storage. Some have lost their entire season's worth of canning to these seal failures! [Update: 4ever Recap appears to be out of business.]

Popular Posts

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lemonade Award (2)



I'm pleased to announce that Stephanie of From Huskies to Husbands and Wanda of 1 Blog 2 Sides have nominated this blog for the Lemonade Award (2). This prestigious award is given to blogs that show great attitude and/or gratitude. I am truly honoured to be the recipient of this award. Thank-you so very, very much for the nomination!

Please take a moment to stop by the blogs of those who nominated me. Both are very good blogs, well designed with interesting information.

Here are the instructions for the Lemonade Award:

  1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
  2. Nominate at least 10 blogs that show attitude and/or gratitude.
  3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
  4. Let them know they have received this award by commenting on a post.
  5. Nominate your favorites and link to this blog.
I visit a lot of blogs daily. Some I stop and read and some I make sure to visit daily because they are that good. I have nominated the following blogs to receive the Lemonade Award:
  1. Family History for Beginners
  2. One Earth, One Life, One Chance
  3. KookyCulinary
  4. Lola's Diner
  5. Mom Two Ways
  6. CrAzy Working Mom
  7. Hairstyles for Girls
  8. Colloquium
  9. Doin' The Working Mom Thing
  10. Grandmother's Pattern Book
Please take a moment to visit these blogs. I'm sure you will enjoy them as well.


7 food lovers commented:

Lola said...

Thank you so much!

Michele said...

Love the blog. It's very enjoyable to read...especilaay after a day of entertaining 7 kids...refreshing! Thank You!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the nomination, it's nice to be recognized!

~Wind

April said...

Thanks for recognizing my blog! It's always nice to know someone out there appreciates you!

Princess Hairstyles said...

Thanks so much for the award! I'm flattered you chose my blog.

Garden Gnome said...

To all the nominees, you are quite welcome and you deserved it. I really enjoy stopping by your blogs. Keep up the good work!

Garden Gnome said...

Hi Michele, thanks for visiting. Heavens 7 kids would really tucker me out but that's likely because I'm a bit older now.